Saturday 3 November 2012

Site Name Change - Words That Stay

Kira:  "What is writing?
Jen:  "Words that stay."

I've decided to go back to what I love best: writing. Not correcting other people's writing (even though I am capable of it) but just writing for the sheer joy of creating "words that stay."

Through the magic that is Google Blogger, I was able to come up with a new website address (sorry, "judyswriting.blogspot.com" was already taken). The new title is based on a scene taken from Jim Henson's The Dark Crystal -  and it is one of the most powerful descriptions of the written word I have ever heard. 

Words that stay. This is the allure of writing for me: that I can communicate my thoughts, my words, to someone across the room, or a world away from me. This is "the wow factor."

I don't know where this blog will take me. What I do know is that you can come along for the ride if you like. "Following" information is on the right panel of the page.  

I'll be back, as Arnie S. would say...

No comments:

Post a Comment